Friday, May 8, 2009

Yup, You Heard Right

(movie poster credit: Saudra Mitchell)

The Forest of Hands and Teeth will be made into a major motion picture.

(Quoted)
Alan Nevins of Renaissance Literary & Talent has just closed film rights on Carrie Ryan's YA novel, The Forest of Hands and Teeth. Nevins, who brokered the deal on behalf of Jim McCarthy at Dystel Literary, sold the book, which Delacorte Books for Young Readers published in March, to Seven Star Pictures (K-11, forthcoming). Nevins said the book, a zombie thriller set in colonial times about a girl who lives in a religious community in the woods and is equally worried about a zombie invasion and her planned marriage, is in line to "do for zombies what Twilight did for vampires." Supposedly Seven Star is developing the project for an-as-yet-unnamed A-list starlet, and fast-tracking the project with a first draft of the screenplay already in the works.

14 comments:

Yat-Yee said...

Hi Beth! Welcome to my blog. Yours looks fantastic.

Kate said...

Ooooh, great post. Thanks for the update :)

Traci said...

WOW!! Good for her!! YIPEE! And I know what a fan you are. ;-)

Shannon Morgan said...

Very cool, especially the fast-track they've put it on!

Keri Mikulski said...

I bet you'll be first in line!! :) Sounds like a great movie. :)

Tana said...

Let the zombie invasion begin! Big congrats to that author!

PJ Hoover said...

So cool!
But did I miss something hugely? Colonial times? What does that mean? Weren't they checking out old newspaper clippings and stuff??

Unknown said...

PJ: Haha! I saw that, too...I think that's just poor word choice based on a PR guy who hadn't read the book. I hope!!!

PJ Hoover said...

Whew! Glad it wasn't just me. Carrie's probably reading it so excited it's going to be a movie but thinking "uh, but it's not colonial. Could you fix that?"

Anonymous said...

holy moly! so cool! I just read this weeks ago! can't wait to see it in movie form!

Angela Ackerman said...

I read this at Verla's this morning--how freaking cool is that??

Trisha Pearson said...

How completely awesome! Hooray for Carrie Ryan! I'm excited for her, as well as to see the movie. It was time for a good zombie flick!

Anonymous said...

So cool! I am so excited!

Danyelle L. said...

Yay!