Monday, September 26, 2011

Banned Books Week and Doctor Who

So I just did my post on the League for today--and it was about Banned Books weeks. I'm rather proud of it--I got quite a little rant on--and I realized that there was a perfect quote for me to use for that post:
You want weapons? We're in a library! Books! The best weapons in the world! This room's the greatest arsenal we could have - arm yourselves!
So, I decided of course I should just embed the Doctor Who video with that quote! Of course! So I trotted off to YouTube and looked up one of the best episodes ever, "Silence in the Library."



And...then I watched the whole darn episode, despite the fact that I have a house to clean and a book to write and a dog to wash and a million other things.

 Thing is, the weapons quote isn't in that episode. It's in "Tooth and Claw."

 I regret nothing.

11 comments:

Tricia J. O'Brien said...

Washing dogs and cleaning house can wait--ideas can't. ;)

Anonymous said...

I love "Silence in the Library"! One of the best episodes ever! It still makes me sad seeing River Song in the new episodes knowing what happens to River in this episode =(

Krispy said...

Love that ep, and I love the Doctor in the blue suit. Haha. Upon being presented with the idea of a whole planet being a library, my sister was like, "That's like your dream world," which is, of course, true. :)

Charity Bradford said...

Love Dr. Who! I so miss David Tennant. *sigh*

Lindsay said...

I love Doctor Who. Now I think I need to go watch that episode again :)

Sandy said...

That was an awesome episode and that is a fantastic quote.

Vashta Narada, I can't believe in listing scary Doctor Who monsters I forgot about them.

barmybex said...

I didn't start watching Doctor Who until the next series. But I'm watching this epsiode now.
A whole world just filled with books - sign me up - without the monsters of course. :D

JEM said...

Hands down one of the greatest (and spookiest!) episodes of Doctor Who. Watched that one more than once.

mshatch said...

what a great quote.

AmieSalmon said...

That is one of my family's favourites episodes! Donna is brilliant. And we first meet River Song! Woo.
Although I love Tooth & Claw, it's where Torchwood begins. And it has Rose!
*sigh*

Unknown said...

I love that episode.
I also live for Doctor Who
Miss David Tennant
Laura