Monday, September 26, 2011

Some Updates!

This weekend, I will be a part of the Smart Chicks Kick It tour!! I'm dropping in on the Portland and Vancouver stops, so if you're in the area, please come by and see me! I will sign your book, give you some swag, and/or sign THAT shiny poster over there

<<<------- THAT ONE

(Which you can download and print out for just such a thing here.)

I am. SO. Freaking. Excited about this.

Also? If you live in Portland, Vancouver, or anywhere in between, let me know about cool places to see, neat restaurants to chow down at, or whatever else is cool--because I'm actually going to be driving from Portland to Vancouver and would love a mini adventure on the trip.

Some other updates:

  • Between this and the conference I just presented at, I am VERY behind on email. Like, over a hundred emails behind. If I owe you email correspondence, please be patient with me. If it's super important, please yell at me and tell me to answer your super important email. 
  • I got an email from the guy who is shipping the charms for the creative contest. They are supposed to ship to me this week, and I'm taking cards with me on the road so I can get them made and written over the weekend and therefore get them back to you! Sorry this is taking so long, but please keep in mind that I was not originally prepared to award 50 prizes! I had no idea you guys were so awesome!
  • I am also super-slow on Twitter right now. I'm sorry. I should catch up after the trips and such. 
  • Giveaway! Yes! Coming tomorrow! 
  • And another one! In October! 
  • And another one! In November! My biggest giveaway to date!
  • And another one! In December! Even bigger than the November one!

4 comments:

My Life With Books - Jennifer K Jovus said...

What a fun group of women! This will be a great tour.
Jen

Slamdunk said...

Enoy your time in the NW Beth.

Unknown said...

This event is already on my calendar. I'm so excited to have six great YA writers in my home town all at the same time.

As for what to do in Portland, visit the "real Powell's". Your signing is being held at the Beaverton Powell's. It's a nice bookstore about the size of a standard B&N and has a big space for author events, so they schedule most of there events there. The downtown Powell's is the really tourist attrachtion though. It's huge! Officially the largest independent bookstore in the world. You can easily waste and entire day there.

Other than awesome bookstores, the northwest is also outdoorsy. Multnomah Falls is the tallest waterfall in North America. It's in the Columbia Gorge about 20 miles east of Portland. It has it's own exit off of I-84, so it's really easy to find. It is worth it to hike up to the bridge or slightly beyond, but unless it's a super clear day, the hike up to the very top has limited rewards.

Is your Vancouver event, Vancouver BC or Vancouver WA? I'm guessing BC because that's a bigger city. If you're driving from Portland to BC you'll go through Seattle and can easily stop and play tourist there.

Another possible stop is Mt. St. Helens. It's about a 45 minute drive from I-5 (take the Castle Rock exit) but worth it if you've got the time. The National Parks service runs a really nice visiters center. They limit the number of people who are allowed to hike into the crator, but just looking at the dome from the visitors center is a neat experience. I actually think Mt. St. Helens is more interesting now than it was a few decades ago, because the plant life is beginning to return.

I hope this helps. And I'm looking forward to meeting you on Thursday.

Alison said...

If you have the chance, you should definitely see at or at least drive around Stanley Park in Vancouver. It's beautiful! Plus, the aquarium is there. Gotta love sea life.

I can't wait for Saturday, I've been excited for months. :)